August 12

Charles Reflection

Fact #1 Fiction is All about the character

The main character in this story is Laurie. Laurie abandoned the proper uniform for his school which are overalls and instead wore his scraggy pants and a baseball cap. I think this shows that Laurie is quite misbehaved and doesn’t listen to the rules. He also made up a person that apparently went to his class and said everything that he, himself did was Laurie and his mother only found this out in parent teacher interviews.

Fact #2 Fiction is all about what your character wants

I think that Laurie wants to feel good about himself so makes up Charles so that he can say all the things that he did wrong was Charles. I think that Laurie doesn’t want to fess up to his parents so he makes Charles up to tell his parents what he is wrong but in another way.

Fact #3 Fiction is all about how your character gets or does not get what he wants

I think that Laurie does get what he wants but also doesn’t. he gets what he wants because his parents believe that Charles is doing all those things wrong and they never really question it. he gets what he wants because he feels good about himself. but he also doesn’t get what he wants because when his mother goes to the parent teacher interview she finds out that Charles was actually Laurie.

Fact #4 Fiction is all about how your character changes

There isn’t actually much change in this story because it ends with Laurie’s mother finding out that Charles isn’t real. So we don’t actually know if Laurie repents or if he gets away with it but there is a change in the story like when Laurie comes home saying that Charles became the teacher’s helper. That shows that Laurie changed his behaviour at school.

Fact #5 Fiction is all about the world the author creates

I think that the author made a really relatable world. I think that she made a world where kids Cn relate because its school and home. I feel that these are the 2 places that children spend most of their time at. I think that that’s why the author chose home and school as the setting or “world” to make it moe relatable for children.

This is a world where people can relate. Anyone from anywhere can come here and find that it is just like theirs.

Posted August 12, 2017 by tiana2014 in category Literacy, summaries

2 thoughts on “Charles Reflection

1. aaliyah2016

Hi Tiana really good reflection and i liked how you saw the story and what happened. But there were a few spelling mistakes. Well done Aaliyah.

2. aaliyah2016

Hi Tiana really good reflection and i liked how you saw the story and what happened. But there were a few spelling mistakes. Well done
    from Aaliyah.